Hot Water Circulating Pump Installation
Tired of waiting for hot water to arrive at your faucet? At Tony LaMartina Plumbing Company, we specialize in solving residential plumbing problems of all kinds. We can install a reliable hot water circulating pump to ensure that hot water arrives within a matter of seconds.
Why Invest In a Hot Water Circulating Pump?
If you live in a large or multi-story home, you likely have at least one faucet that is slow to heat up. This is a common issue in bathrooms or powder rooms that are located far away from your water heater. A hot water circulating pump offers a simple solution that saves you time and energy—and also reduces water waste. Instead of running cold water down the drain for minutes at a time while you wait for the hot water to finally arrive, you can have hot water in just a few seconds.
How Does It Work?
A hot water circulating pump (a.k.a. hot water circulator) pumps hot water to the plumbing fixtures located farthest from your home’s water heater and recycles any cold water sitting in the pipe. Here’s how it works:
- A recirculation line (a separate water line that runs off your existing hot water line) runs from your farthest plumbing fixture back to your water heater.
- A pump attached to your water heater moves hot water through the line as soon as you turn on the faucet.
- Any cold water in the line is returned to the water heater through the recirculation line.
- A check valve ensures that hot water flows in only one direction.
- An aquastat is mounted to the hot water pipe. It automatically shuts off the pump as soon as it detects hot water returning to the water heater—ensuring that excess energy is not wasted.
- A timer is installed to prevent the recirculation system from running while you’re asleep or away at work.
Have questions? Ready to get started? Call our office at (314) 965-9377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your hot water circulating pump installation.